Header

Navigation Bar

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Book Study: Mindsets in the Classroom - Chapter 1

To keep my educator-brain satisfied and to get me back into the blogging game, I'm super excited to be joining in on Hello Sunshine Teachers' Mindsets in the Classroom book study.


I can't say that I'm a pro at this book study thing because I've never actually done a book study before. And since I can't say that, this first chapter of notes is pretty scarce. I'm sure I'll be learning and developing my note taking skills along the way and that makes the "lifelong learner" side of me super happy. 


After reading this first chapter, I started thinking about the students that had just left me today and I started analyzing each one of them to see what type of mindset they had. 

I started thinking about my "Principal's Award" selection from yesterday and this chapter helped cement my belief that I made the very best selection possible. I took a child with a fixed mindset in August and planted the growth mindset "seed". I don't know that I truly changed his mindset but I know that there, in the back of his mind, he does believe he is capable of more now than ever before. 

This chapter just came at the perfect time.

I received 2 notes today - a student letter and a parent email - that make me think I might be on the right track at using whatever I gain from this book in my classroom from Day 1 of this upcoming school year. 


Notes like these bring me to tears. Despite how appreciative they are, they have no idea how much I've learned from them, the children. It's encouraging and humbling. I literally have the very best job EVER.

Is it weird that the first day of Summer Break isn't even here and I'm excited for next school year?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up Lynzi! Your post is great, I agree with you about potential! I had never thought of that way until reading the book. I also agree with you about being excited for the new school year even though we just finished one. That's not weird at all! It just means you are in the right profession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! It makes it all worth it when you get notes and e-mails like that. I can tell that you truly care about your kiddos! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete